Thursday, October 13, 2005

signs of the times

It seems to me that these are interesting times. It seems as though God is doing some big things across the world that requires everyone to watch and weigh-in on life. In light of what God is doing around the world - He is certainly doing things in each of our lives individually.

Some of which we are called to embrace trying times, others where we are called to rest in His embrace.

I'm thinking of two people depicting each call. I was praying this morning and thought of something: Believers are given faith as a gift. Romans 12:3 says "For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you." This sure makes me greatful for the faith I have been given, and thankful for the wife, friends and family that I have been able to share this gift with.

It's funny, I watched The Interpreter a couple nights ago and was overwhelmed at the thought of being born an American and living in a free society. Today, I'm more overwhelmed at having been given the gift of faith, and the community that graciously came with it!

("Can you tell I miss my Texas friends?")





I found this site and thought it was interesting. If you dig a little you can find some really interesting blogs. I found several links from here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have a blog. You should post more often. Tell Rach I love her...oh, and you too.

Anonymous said...

We Miss you too!!!!

Anonymous said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG MAN