Monday, October 10, 2005

inevitable?


It's completely mind boggling to think about loosing everything including your family all at once. I watch this kind of thing (which seems to be often) and can't help but think of the suffering that is everywhere. I keep hearing little phrases people refer to the different events, hurricane or earthquake and in some way acknowledging God. For instance, I heard today that this earthquake is "of biblical proportions." It seems everytime I turn on the TV there is some reference to God, Christ or the church. My pastor said today that if we respond to the needs of today the way we should, then this could be the church's finest hour.

On the day that I have to face what this woman is facing, (in whatever form) I hope and pray that my faith is equal to the suffering. The more I read the Scripture and the more I live this life observing hurricanes and earthquakes from afar, the more I realize one it won't be from so far. I hope it's my finest hour.

Hebrews 2:9-11

I think the comments section is fixed now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The very same thing has come to my mind about the church. This could be a shining hour. But if we don't have a mindset of generosity we will be exposed as fakes. Are we reaching out in our own life spaces to the young woman going through a divorce, to the older woman who can't get her driver's license renewed, or to the person with a newly diagnosed terminal illness. I pray we practice the attitude of gratitude with the woman whose home was destroyed by the earthquake because it is part of what we do. If we do not give because we are givers, it will be a farce and the world will see it.

Anonymous said...

well, well, well. Look what I have found here. A wellspring of life from a very good friend. How long were you going to keep it a secret from me?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your comments fixed. I love your blog. I wanted to tell you that pastor/professor/chaplain just got a blog and he is very excited about it. He has only posted once. I think you would really like to read his stuff. You should go by and check it out. www.danefowlkes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I miss you much my friend.