Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Toast To Todd Wright


I'm never ahead of Todd. Todd is way ahead of me at almost every juncture in life. He knows every artist and every song. He knows if it's good or bad. He knows why it's good or bad. He knows if their motivation for being an artist, or writing a particular song is good or bad; legitmate or propped up.
Todd can take a subject, (usually one I know nothing about) and make it 3 demensional and High-Def. I do good to get a signal equivalent to analog via rabbit ears on a rainy day.
If you have read much of Todd's writings or listened to his songs, you will see that he is not just an artist, but a theologian with conviction and like a skilled ER nurse, the ability to track the very heartbeat of a culture without aid of specialized equipment.
I decided to sing the internal thoughts of my longing to be as culturally literate and (to steal a line from Neil McClendon) "to be a voice in a world full of echoes" as that of one Todd Wright. Carry on Mr. Wright. I stand in the bleachers cheering with the rest.
In honor of Todd, I give you Thunderstruck.org a website that shows the melding of culture and faith in a way that seems worthy of Todd's critique and respect.
So come on fans of Todd - sing the praises to the God of the universe for the fingerprint He left on Todd!

No comments: