Saturday, September 20, 2008

A "Little" News!



WE'RE PREGNANT!

Well, Rachel and I celebrated 13 years of marriage this past May. May 13th to be exact. We have had an awesome 13 years getting to know each other and experiencing a lot of life events together.

As many of you know, Rachel and I have been unable to have children. We really didn't know why, and technically speaking have never taken preventative measures of pregnacy - and still it just never happened. Once we moved to Maryland we became a little more intentional at finding out what the circumstance was and possiblities of infertility. However, after a year of working with a doctor and starting some mild medications, Rachel became pregnant a year ago which ended in a miscarriage. We were very sad, but encouraged to see "progress."

Well, after a lot of prayer and Rachel and I confirmed this week that indeed we are pregnant again! and this time we have a HEARTBEAT!!!

We are so totally stoked! We've never been down this road before, but we are excited and so greatful for this addtion. We know we're very early in this process (Rachel is only 7 weeks), but we just have to celebrate what we see as nothing short of a miracle!

We want everyone to know how much we appreciate all our friends, their prayers and support and encouragement through the years and your continued prayers as we navigate uncharted waters!

17 comments:

daniel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations guys I am so excited for you guys. Rachel, I pray for a healthy pregnancy with no complications so that you can enjoy the journey of the pregnancy and enjoy every movement, every kick, and every heartbeat along the way. What a miracle and a blessing. I will be praying for you.

Shelly Conn said...

Happy Happy Happy!!!

Brooke said...

Congratulations, Daddy Fullen! We are so excited to see God at work in your family. Many prayers!

Kathi Roach said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for both of you. Brian & I went through the same thing...infertility wise....it's a heartbreaking road. We never got any explanations and then I suddenly got pregnant....3 times!!! Sometimes I think it's just gotta be God's timing.

You guys are in our prayers.

finn said...

Kelly and I say Congratulations!! Baby Fullen will be well loved by you two as great parents. We look forward to meeting her/him soon on the inaugural trip to Texas. We'll be praying for you guys in the next months.

Kelsey said...

:)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelsey said...

P.S. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Congratulations! That's awesome. You may not recognize me, but we go to LifePoint and I met you once when I helped organize a Newcomer's Dessert. We'll be praying for you!

mimi said...

I am very, very, many times ove happy. Please be advised that if you don't tell us if it is a boy or girl, I will be buying all pink. :-) Only kidding.

mimi said...

I am very, very, many times ove happy. Please be advised that if you don't tell us if it is a boy or girl, I will be buying all pink. :-) Only kidding.

Katie said...

Well I'm buying all BLUE!! I already emailed Rachel but I'll tell you too - I'm so very very very excited for you guys. I've been praying for you since last September!

Anonymous said...

Grams and Poppa are so happy. We know this angel has wonderful parents waiting to love and nurture a precious gift from God. We also kinda want to help spoil this gift from God. It will be a little more difficult long distance, but we'll just have to be creative.

DWC said...

I knew you would figure it out ( eventually ) ...

No really ... congratulations !


DWC

Kacie said...

YEA!!!!!! We're so happy for y'all. It's so exciting. I just hope our kids won't be distant relatives that barely know each other. What are we going to do about that? Take pictures of Rachel each month so we can see her pregnant.

Unknown said...

hmm...okay-so now i have to figure out how to get to maryland...haha...i'm so happy for y'all :)
miss you both.

mimi said...

And I am stoked too--already making little baby thigns.