Friday, November 11, 2005

Mr. Fullen Goes To Washington...


And St. Louis and Dallas and Houston and finally back to Washington. Rachel and I went to Texas this past weekend to attend a funeral of a close friend. I secured our tickets at a better rate by flying out of Washington D.C., Reagan National Airport. This plan would have worked well had we not had an hour delay at Reagan that perfectly allowed us to miss our connecting flight in St. Louis which in-turn caused us to route though Dallas - just in time to miss our luggage and the expired rental car when we landed in Houston. Yep. It was frustrating.

It's funny how things have to work together in order to work well and sometimes work at all. I recently have been contemplating on the fact that God's Glory and my happiness work together. This may not seem possible because there is such a distance sometimes between how we feel and how we "should feel." I think it may be necessary to remind myself from time to time that thoughts always come before feelings. We think therefore we feel.

Colosians 2:6-7 says it best:

6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in
him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught,
and overflowing with thankfulness.


We can only feel "right" when we are thinking right. I love the phrase "overflowing with thankfulness." This feeling of thankfulness can only come when we are thinking the way we are commanded.

Romans 12:2 reminds us . . .

2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed
by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what
God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason,

You rock! Thanks for all the amazing things you post! It was great to see you this weekend, sorry for the circumstances, but still great to see you! Give Rach my love, see ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, how was the 90 degree turn in the plane?

Anonymous said...

I don't like that verse. It tells me to be "rooted". I don't like being rooted because the only thing that can test my "rootedness" is a really strong storm. I don't like really strong storms.

Anonymous said...

Check your email from HHBC!

Anonymous said...

I heard "Friends Are Friends Forever" on the radio today. Ive never loved that song more!