Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Seen this dude?



See Video clip here.

I read this article and I am somewhat dumbfounded. I am so saddened at the misdirection he is causing students and how he has been deceived to believe that flash and bang (- bang as in "go ahead, hit me with a chair while I pray with this guy") are more valuable than forgiveness and purpose. His passion is so loud it's hard to hear his off-base message. I wish someone would redirect this misguided (perhaps well intentioned) man, to not try and compete with culture in regard to flash and hype, but rather offer the truth of forgiveness and purpose found only in Christ.

I think his "harder than nails" approach is very effective at producing shame and condemnation. I also think that his "ministry" produces many followers that are driven by an impossible set of rules of working to earn points with God based on good behavior. My guess, and it is only my guess, is that many of these students, just like their leader, are trying real hard to get God to like them more than he already does.

This approach and message is disturbing. It's not biblical, it not representative of the life of Jesus (Fatica claims he's being like Jesus- however, the crucifixion of Jesus was not self-inflicted) and I can only describe what I've read in this article as one thing: abuse.

Please call me Justin Fatica, let's talk.

2 comments:

Clay said...

I saw the documentary a couple of nights ago and was blown away. I agree with you, Jason. I would encourage you to watch the movie if you get a chance. His anger comes from the Catholic Church and not presenting the Gospel to him as a child. He only speaks to Catholics...he is trying to reform the church. He needs to find another way to do it.

Danielle said...

Agreed guys...will only add: Very sad and weird. and...he needs counseling.