Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ahhh, the Joy of Youth Ministry


We had a great time at camp this past week! We all went to Ocean City, MD and joined the Student Life organization for an awesome time of basking in the Glory of the Son!

A few observations from the week:

1). Dead Jelly fish can be used as a weapon, in much the same way as a donut would be used in a food fight.

2). Sand can be so hot that you begin to consider crying, even as an adult.

3). The muscles I had in high school apparently had an expiration date.

4). Hairy+ white+ stretch marks = TMI (and I might have shared to much information, therefore I'm sorry)

5). The picture above is not scary to me because I'm dressed like a goon. It is scary to me because I look just like my dad! (no offense dad.)

6). A 15 minute nap while at camp is possible, but is does require duct tape, rope, and the threat of not taking the junior high students to eat dinner. (and then later after the nap, forgetting to take them to dinner anyway) Sorry guys.

7). Lance Burch and I should not sit next to each other during a camp sermon or possibly anytime at camp. There is to much that goes on that requires additional commentary. (I would like to take this time to extend our sincerest apologies to the David Nassar Ministry, Shane & Shane, and the entire Student Life Camp Staff, we are painfully aware of our much distracting commentary and illustrations) (Disclaimer: Lance started it)

8). The words "grown-up" sound a whole lot like "thrown- up" in the middle of a loud concert.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what's going on in this picture, but I like it.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious Jason! I can't quite figure out how a dead jellyfish is like a donut in a food fight.

Anonymous said...

Not a fan of the jellyfish fights. I spent most of my time at the pool.

Anonymous said...

Hello Most Important One!!

Anonymous said...

yep, you do look your dad in the pic!

Anonymous said...

So.....over all it sounds like you had a good time. :-/

Anonymous said...

Jason, Number 7 is the reason I sit alone in church. There is nothing worse than the pastor's wife talking during the sermon.

Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to decide if you look like your Dad in this picture. I love the expired muscle comment. Funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

The last comment was from your Mom. I don't know how to post to a blog. Tonight is my first time. I am just excited it actually posted.

Anonymous said...

JASON omg... HOW ARE YOU DOING lol... just thought i would say WHATS UP HOMIE KEEP IN TOUCH
Meghan