Friday, December 22, 2006


Vacation Update:

1). Monday, I went to DC and saw some of the oldest known bibles, including Numbers and Deuteronomy. It was quite an experience to see them. I must go back. The exhibit will close Jan. 7th.

2) Tuesday, I went to Whitetail Ski Resort and learned to Snowboard. It was enjoyable, but hard work. I figure, "Why should I work this hard when I could be skiing?" I will do it again, but only after I have been skiing abit.

3) Wednesday: Went to Buffalo Wild Wings with Adam Workman, (Small groups pastor) and "tore up" some .50Cent chicken legs! Honey BBQ sauce was awesome. Was stuffed all for only $5.67. What a deal! Later I went to a fun ALG (Authentic Life Group) Christmas party! Them middleschoolers can party now!

4) Thursday: Went to lunch with the staff for a staff meeting (even though I was on vacation) simply because they are fun people to hang out with!

5). Friday: Stayed uplate making Chili for Rachel to carry with her to school. Will sleep late today and then go over to some friend's house for a late lunch.

Observations:

1) I remember thinking "Man, that will never happen until like the year 2000."- It's nearly 2007.
2) Having a list of things you want to accomplish while your on vacation is useless. So be sure and put all the fun stuff at the beginning.
3) I take friends for granted sometimes. I don't always realize that I have the greatest friends in the world, but I do. I would name you all here, but then it would read like the section of "begats" in 1 Chronicles 1 and you would skip it.
4) Reading is a dicipline
5) I love my wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Real cool! Go snowboarding without me! I see how it is!! Next you'll be wearing green a rooting for the Eagles!!! Sheesh!