Friday, October 13, 2006

A Maryland fall


Fall is here and Maryland is surrendering once again to the paintbrush of a creative God with an awesome eye for beauty. The leaves are changing colors as everyone talks about the winter forecast, questioning how cold it will get this winter. Harvest is here and signs of it are everywhere. Corn that has been tall for some 3 or 4 months is now disappearing at an incredible rate. The sights and sounds around are fun and exciting. It's as if everything is embracing a change. I for one have been rather mournful at the loss of summer. I had a great summer and hate to see it go. However, there is something rather significant about the passing of a season and the onset of another.


I don't mean to make everything an analogy, but it is quite interesting to see all the leaves change colors. Anyone I talk to down in Texas asks me about the leaves. The weathermen on TV are always talking about it and are even trying to predict the peak of the color change. The interesting thought I have been pondering over for the last few days has left me hopeful, so I thought I would share it. What do you think of this? Leaves don't necessarly "change color;" they simply allow the Chlorphyll to exit the leaf and the true original color is unveiled. I can't help but think about our lives as believers and how much we forget about our true identity. Sometimes our lives are sin-filled and our true colors are covered. Unfortunatley, it's all to easy to forget our true idenitity and become satisfied with our latest vice, forgetting how awesome we trully look without sin.

I heard a Ross King song today, posing the question as to why we continue to work so hard at fighting sin, when indeed Christ said, "Go and sin no more."
I'm glad Christ didn't tell that lady "go and try harder this time." I think the point is this: Go and sin no more can be translated into "Believe in me more for your satisfaction more than you believe in anything else." That's why addictions/stealing/coveting are sin. It's the same old sin of unbelief. I like to think about my true identity: believer.

***********************
These picts are a few I snapped this past Monday. Just a few I thought I would share. Hope everyone is doing well!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that'll sure preach. I'll be using the leaf part some time for sure. Great thoughts. I am sure glad you are our son-in-law.

Anonymous said...

You're a great writer Jason. I love to read what you write.

Anonymous said...

WHERE'S THE PROMO PIC FOR THE HUNT?

Anonymous said...

This is an echo of Todd's comment! SHOW US THE POSTER!!! You know you could do it right now...it will only take maybe 5 seconds. haha

Anonymous said...

That is good stuff Jason.

Anonymous said...

wonderful post Jason. It is a great reminder spoken by creationd. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Jason the words in the first sentence you wrote above are the most poetic I have ever heard. Then I kept reading and the whole commentary moved me. You could so easily write a book and I hope you will. You have a great deal of spiritual insight to offer people and could make a difference in their lives. The pictures are great. I am missing you and Rachel and now I am crying so I will stop for now. Mom.