Saturday, May 06, 2006

1 Week Past

Well, I've wanted to post this for a week. And now I finally have the chance. Rachel and I went to a Derek Webb concert last Friday night. It was very cool. I like a good concert. This one was just what I was wanting. A place to sitdown, listen, and not do one more thing. It was great! It was quaint- only about 75 people there. After the show, Rachel and I hung around for a moment and talked to Derek, and told him we appreacitated his music. He seems like a great guy.

Anyway, in honor of my good friend Todd Wright, and in his customary fashion, I leave you with the set list for the night.

Set list was designed by the audience at the beginning and written down on paper by Derek with a Sharpie (imagine C with a cirle around it here). It went as follows:
Nobody Loves Me
Faith In My Eyes
Table for Two
Wedding Dress
I Repent

Intermission

Mockingbird CD Top to Bottom (all eleven songs!)

It was a great time!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so awesome! He is coming to Nac in August and I am so there! I miss you and Rachel tons!

Anonymous said...

dude...you should have mentioned romack. derek met larry like a month ago in Tyler!

Anonymous said...

So about the Mockingbird diddy. I still can't decide if I like it. I mean sone songs are like, "Hey that's a great song" and some are like, "Hey that's not a great song".

I don't know what to do. I kind of feel guilty for not liking all his stuff especially when most of my friends think he is amazing! Calgon... take me away!

Anonymous said...

I guess Jason isn't my friend...he forgot all about how Derek and I were cool....oh well....ever put that rail on the stairs yet? :) Glad the show was well, sounds like it was very similar to the one we saw him at.

Anonymous said...

Another Day gone with no post!

Anonymous said...

Yet Another day gone with no post!

Anonymous said...

Test...Test...Is this thing on? Check 1-2

Anonymous said...

Has anyone talked to Jason? Is he still alive? Oh goodness, he could be strapped to a tree in the wilderness somewhere. I'm going in!

Anonymous said...

Ok Lance, you take the North sector. Todd, cover the Eastern Quadrant. I'll go straight in and try to flush them out to one of your platoons. It's going to be nasty gentlemen... that's why they called us!

Swarm...Swarm!

Anonymous said...

Mr. and Mrs Fullen, we regret to inform you that upon entry into the underground cavern, we found your son Jason dead. Apparently the cause was a severe case of writer's block. He went peacefully so we can rest in knowing that he is now in heaven and has much to say. He will be missed. And his words (though few in number) will live on.

Asaph's Prayer 2005-2006